Makes roughly ten mini loaves.
I love banana bread, but I have to admit: I’m lazy. I’ve always had an issue with the hassle of unwrapping the loaf, cutting my slice then rewrapping the loaf then cleaning up the crumbs that I’ve created. So I was determined to make mini banana breads and after some recipe comparisons, it’s easy! Just adjust the time to 30-35 minutes for perfect breads that can be devoured in a couple of bites or wrapped and sold in a bake sale!
This is quickly becoming my favorite banana bread recipe with its short ingredient list, and quick and easy assembly that resulted in a deliciously light, moist, and fluffy bread. Making them in mini loaves means it’s easier to share and great for bake sales!
This recipe is based off of one from Bon Apetit with some minor changes.
- Butter or Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1¼ teaspoons baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 4 large very ripe bananas, mashed (about 1½ cups)
- 1 teaspoon all purpose flour
- ½ cup chopped bittersweet or semisweet chocolate
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly coat mini loaf pan (or pans) with butter or nonstick spray . Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat brown sugar, sour cream, and butter in a large bowl until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating to blend after each addition and scraping down sides and bottom of bowl as needed. Add bananas and mix until combined
- Reduce speed to low, add flour mixture, and mix until just combined.
- In a medium bowl coat chocolate and walnuts with two teaspoon flour. Fold in chocolate and/or walnuts, if using. Scrape batter into prepared pan (s); smooth top or just tap the pan on the counter top.
- Bake bread until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack and let bread cool in pan 1 hour. Turn out bread and let cool completely before devouring.